Over a year ago, I posted about the duty free shop on the ferry between Argentina and Uruguay. A Twitter favourite, let me share with you some more pictures and reflections of a more recent trip onboard Francisco, the ferry named after the Pope, and its rather impressive shop. Duty free could be THE way for British brands to sell into countries like Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay, or it could be at least a way to start. For more on selling into duty free, check out our expert interview to John Gallagher here. If anything catches your eye, leave us your comments below!
(prices in USD as at July 2019)
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
- Uruguay: from left to centre-right and what it means for doing business
- Social unrest: doing business in South America today
- Mercosur-EFTA trade agreement: what it really means for SMEs
- What next for doing business in Argentina?
- Forestry in Uruguay
- Fray Bentos is going vegan
- Uruguay’s best show? Livestock, Britain and more at ExpoPrado 2019.
- Uruguay to Argentina and back: duty free shopping
- Packed away in Buenos Aires
- Supermarket in Argentina: what would you find rather odd?