One of my favourite sectors to work in is, without doubt, packaging. So when I heard there was a trade show in Buenos Aires to coincide with one of my visits, I didn’t hesitate to pop in and have a look around. I found some interesting competitor information for a UK company I have been in talks with for a while now, and I was also delighted to see a former client exhibiting (Meech, who manufacture static eliminators in the UK). In terms of lessons: trade shows are still going strong in certain sectors in South America and in Argentina in particular (check out our recent post on FITHEP, for food service, also from Argentina), Brazil is a regional giant not to ignore (see their country stand below), the US has a strong presence (check out the North American stand below, an interesting combination of countries) and the usual abundance of imported machinery.
Below are some pictures from Envase – enjoy!
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
- Uruguay’s best show? Livestock, Britain and more at ExpoPrado 2019.
- Uruguay to Argentina and back: duty free shopping
- Packed away in Buenos Aires
- Supermarket in Argentina: what would you find rather odd?
- Photoblog: the world’s best cattle? La Rural (Argentina)
- Mercosur / EU agreement: how to do business with Mercosur
- Mercosur / EU agreement: what it actually means
- Mercosur / EU agreement: where are the opportunities?
- Mercosur / EU agreement: so what’s Mercosur all about, then?
- Mercosur / EU agreement: initial thoughts for British exporters