The historic links between the UK and Uruguay are not just evident in utilities, railways or football. Most of the cattle breeds that Uruguayan farmers favour today come from the UK, and nowhere is this link more evident than at agricultural show ExpoPrado. I’ve been attending the show for the
Over a year ago, I posted about the duty free shop on the ferry between Argentina and Uruguay. A Twitter favourite, let me share with you some more pictures and reflections of a more recent trip onboard Francisco, the ferry named after the Pope, and its rather impressive shop. Duty free could be
One of my favourite sectors to work in is, without doubt, packaging. So when I heard there was a trade show in Buenos Aires to coincide with one of my visits, I didn’t hesitate to pop in and have a look around. I found some interesting competitor information for a UK company I have been in
A recent BuzzFeed article colourfully comparing UK and US supermarkets got me thinking how supermarkets here in South America differ from those I experienced (and learnt to love) for 13 years in the UK. Inspired by that article and encouraged by colleagues and clients, I decided to walk around a
Results from Argentina’s primaries were out today and, if the October elections are to be based on them, we are in for a return of a government that really wasn’t particularly fond of its agricultural sector. And the sentiment was most certainly reciprocated, as you can see from this
The Mercosur-EU agreement, 20 years in the making, is important enough for us to have devoted these last five posts to it. We looked first at the broad picture, then we recapped on what Mercosur actually is and then we looked at the opportunities. Our previous post was about duty aspects of the
We devoted the last three posts to the Mercosur/EU trade agreement. We looked first at the broad picture, then we recapped on what Mercosur actually is and then we looked at the opportunities. Let’s look now at the agreement in more detail (source): “The agreement will eliminate high customs
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
- Uruguay’s best show? Livestock, Britain and more at ExpoPrado 2019.
- Uruguay to Argentina and back: duty free shopping
- Packed away in Buenos Aires
- Supermarket in Argentina: what would you find rather odd?
- Photoblog: the world’s best cattle? La Rural (Argentina)
- Mercosur / EU agreement: how to do business with Mercosur
- Mercosur / EU agreement: what it actually means
- Mercosur / EU agreement: where are the opportunities?
- Mercosur / EU agreement: so what’s Mercosur all about, then?
- Mercosur / EU agreement: initial thoughts for British exporters