A recent BuzzFeed article colourfully comparing UK and US supermarkets got me thinking how supermarkets here in South America differ from those I experienced (and learnt to love) for 13 years in the UK. Inspired by that article and encouraged by colleagues and clients, I decided to walk around a
Results from Argentina’s primaries were out today and, if the October elections are to be based on them, we are in for a return of a government that really wasn’t particularly fond of its agricultural sector. And the sentiment was most certainly reciprocated, as you can see from this
The Mercosur-EU agreement, 20 years in the making, is important enough for us to have devoted these last five posts to it. We looked first at the broad picture, then we recapped on what Mercosur actually is and then we looked at the opportunities. Our previous post was about duty aspects of the
We devoted the last three posts to the Mercosur/EU trade agreement. We looked first at the broad picture, then we recapped on what Mercosur actually is and then we looked at the opportunities. Let’s look now at the agreement in more detail (source): “The agreement will eliminate high customs
It has been argued that in the UK not enough media attention is being given to the agreement between the EU and Mercosur, the South American trading bloc comprising Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay (280 million people). That could be because Britain would be missing out on this
We are devoting a series of posts on this blog to give you some down-to-earth thoughts on the recently-signed Mercosur/EU agreement. Our first post gave you some initial thoughts. But what’s Mercosur all about and why should UK companies* be paying attention? Mercosur is a South American
On 28th June, Mercosur (comprising Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay) and the EU reached a landmark agreement twenty-years in the making that creates a market of 800 million people. The amount of information, disinformation, analysis, opinions and passionate comments on both sides can be
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
- Supermarket in Argentina: what would you find rather odd?
- Photoblog: the world’s best cattle? La Rural (Argentina)
- Mercosur / EU agreement: how to do business with Mercosur
- Mercosur / EU agreement: what it actually means
- Mercosur / EU agreement: where are the opportunities?
- Mercosur / EU agreement: so what’s Mercosur all about, then?
- Mercosur / EU agreement: initial thoughts for British exporters
- Consistent and straightforward: why are they so difficult to translate into Spanish?
- Argentina: one rather lively food service scene
- My English friend is coming over – and this is what I asked her to bring for me