A region of 600 million people, 20 countries, a huge rainforest, the driest place in the world and the home of the longest mountain range on Earth (above-ground, for those of you interested in the sub-sea world), Latin America can be challenging. Add to that the current political crisis in Brazil
The British Embassy in Montevideo is organising a 4-day market visit for UK exporters to Uruguay in September. But why visit this rather small country, seen as quite remote, and apparently little known by UK exporters? And what can you really get out in just four days? Let me be clear from the
After speaking remotely from Uruguay to UK manufacturers today as part of the first Made in Britain marketing for manufacturers workshop, I thought I’d share with you some thoughts on using the Made in Britain marque in Latin America. Across the whole of Latin America, Made in Britain products
We get asked this question often, when we discuss doing business in Latin America with companies from all over the world. This question comes up particularly when we organise market visits for clients. And it’s not a straightforward question to answer, mainly because the concept of “safety”
We are delighted to welcome Sebastián Olivera to our blog, one of the organisers of Montevideo FinTech Forum. We ask him why FinTech is a big deal in Uruguay and the region, and why you should think about this event if you’re part of the global fintech world… Sebastián, tell us about MVD
You’ve identified Latin America as a priority area for expansion. Your strategy indicates that you will target this region by appointing distributors in various markets. But how exactly do you find them? And how do you approach them? Distributor recruitment is one of our most popular services.
The UK government announced this week £1bn of support through export credit for British companies that want to tackle South America’s second biggest economy. After a 20-year pause, this is definitely a good signal. “The support will be offered in the form of attractive financing terms, loans
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
- What you should know about Intellectual Property when exporting to Latin America
- 47% of Latin American importers are looking for you
- A free trade zone for life sciences in South America?
- Guest post Made in Scotland: Five things you need to know about PPPs in Uruguay
- SMEs, Digital Marketing and Latin America
- Multilatinas: the companies you should really get to know in Latin America
- Railways and Latin America
- Five secrets to help you export to Latin America
- Uruguay market visit: could this small country become your big success story?
- Why I believe in “Made in Britain”